Saturday, January 17, 2015

Two Great Posts

I would like to share two articles that came up this past week:

An open letter to the Great Generation

by Teresa Maya

Dear Sisters of the Great Generation of religious life,
I feel compelled to write this letter in memory of Sr. Dorothy Ettling, CCVI, one of the most amazing women of your generation. She now rests in the peace of our God, but her vision remains.... Read more....

Our Time

by Susan Rose Francois
I will admit to a smile whenever I see that one of my Horizons columns has been posted online, although the reason for my smile may not be the one you expect. I smile because of the tagline for the column on the Global Sisters Report website: “Young sisters speak.” Only in religious life would a 42-year-old woman be counted among the “young..... Read more...
Thanks Teresa and Susan for these honest and thoughtful words. I do sense a shift in the conversation about religious life. It is a good time to be a part of this amazing movement.

In the coming week, I will be attending an Ecumenical Meeting of Religious in Rome. I hope to be sharing some aspects of that experience and I will also be tweeting @amycsj.

Peace and blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment